Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I turned this piece in the other day at the LA municipal art gallery in hollywood.

So, this piece was one of my final paintings for the Mawnstirrs and Rowboughts show last saturday the 18th. I decided to put it into a gallery over in hollywood. They hadn't reached their 1,000 piece limit, so i put it in.

I love Van Gogh, and I love cartoons, it was only fitting for me to combine the two. I call this my Leftyjoe-modern pop-cartoon-impressionism style. I'll be developing more pieces in this style! I love it!!! Hopefuully you like it too.
Go check out this piece in person either at the next Mawnstirrs and Rowboghts show later this year, (maybe in september or october) stay tuned!
Or go see this piece at the "open call LA 2009" at the Municipal art Gallery in hollywood, the opening is from august 13th to september 27th, oen reception will be on sunday august 16th, from 2-5pm, the address is 4800 Hollywood blvd, LA.CA. 90027 admission is free. I'll be there the 16th, (hope i win something) there will be awards handd out! Wish me luck!

No comments: